Thursday, January 5, 2017

My Sister Turns Into a Bug by Natalie

I was lying on my bed when I heard Alison scream. Five seconds later Mom came barreling down the hallway holding a dagger. Whoa, back up. Mom has a dagger? I leaped off the bed just as I saw my little brother, Finnick, sprint down the hallway, his bubble tape trailing behind him. Apparently he had stuck it to something in his bedroom? That’s not relevant, I ran down the hallway. I arrived at Alison’s room just as Mom kicked down the door.
“Cool!” said my little sister Emma, standing at the door. “Can you show me how to do that?!”

“Alison! What's wrong?” shouted Mom. Alison, my fourteen year old sister, just stood there and cried. Tears flooded down her face. Mom walked over and brushed her curly blond hair behind her ear. “What is wrong?”
Alison turned around and pink fairy wings sprouted out of her back. She lifted off the ground and bumped against the ceiling. “Alison,” said Finnick, wide eyed. He walked over and put his hand on her foot. “Calm down. Are you all right?”

All right? I am far from all right! I am turning into a bug!!!!” exploded Alison. Her shoulders shook and her face reddened.

“You are not turning into a bug. Every one needs to calm down,” said Mom. 

“I bet you will grow pinchers next,” teased Emma.

“Mom,” I said, crossing my arms. “My big sister is turning into a bug.”

“She isn’t turning into a bug. Your Father can explain when he gets home from the castle...”

“CASTLE?!” the four of us shouted.

Mom sighed. “He can explain to you what you are.”

“What are we?” asked Emma.

Mom cringed. “You are fairy princesses.”

“I don’t want to be a fairy princess!” sobbed Alison.

“Oh. My. God,” said Emma.

“WHAT? I AM A FAIRY PRINCESS?!” yelled Finnick, clutching his blond curls like they were going to float away.

“Finnick is a fairy prince,” explained Mom before my brother could turn into a raving lunatic.

Fine, I thought. Just fine.

“Kids, have you ever heard of the brothers Grimm?” asked Mom.

“Get to the point,” said Finnick.

“Don’t talk to me like that. My Great-Great-Great-Great-Great something or other was Wilhelm Grimm.”

“I am pretty sure that Wilhelm could not turn into a bug!” shouted Alison.

“Your Father is the King of Fairies,” said Mom.

“And I can read the phone book and make it sound interesting,” I said. 

“Mom, you seriously don’t expect us to buy this.”

“Believe me,” said Mom.

“Wait. Dad is a fairy princess too?!” shouted Emma.

“Fairy Prince,” said Finnick stubbornly.

“Fairy King, dummies, Mom said he was the KING,” I said. Even though this was some kind of sick joke, I needed to make sure that they got the facts right. The front door slammed.

“I’m home!” shouted Dad. We all filed out the door and down the stairs. Alison flew, Mom holding onto her wrist so that she wouldn’t hit anything. 

When Dad saw Alison his eyes grew wide and he said, “Alison!”

“Ok, Dad, spill,” I said.



TO BE CONTINUED……

No comments:

Post a Comment